Dogs are the best. It’s a simple fact of life that can’t be fought (UNLESS YOU’RE A CAT PERSON, AND IF SO WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE). They cuddle with you when you’re sad, they’re there for you when theres no one else, and they look up to you like a baby bird to it’s mother.
More specifically, every girl needs a Shih-Tzu. Mine is named Oliver Twist. He’s my 12-year-old companion and more importantly best friend. He’s the apple to my peanut butter. If he were a human i’d marry him. He goes by the nicknames Shnubs, King, Prince, Barbara, Barbie, Bubz, Ol, and OLLIE. The silly, fluffy little balls of life are the best companions ever.. for several reasons.
1. They are constantly sassy and sort of have a problem with everything. This is an amazing trait; BELIEVE ME. It’s how you wish you could be in life. You wish you could sort of hate everything but at the same time expect everything (some of us do). They just kind of look at you with a stink face even if you just took them on a 5-mile walk and fed them gourmet chicken while massaging their back.
2. Shih-Tzu literally translates to Lion Dog. They’re of Tibetian origin and were used to guard the royal family.. that’s right.. small, little mini, basically harmless dogs were the face of danger when it came to ancient Tibet. The only time I can find this to be true is when my dog is biting and growling at me, which is basically on a daily basis.
3. They’re basically the face of every dog show. The long, flowing hair with a cute little top knot. They were the original man-buns. They are fashionistas til the end.
4. They’re versatile for every climate! No matter where you live, your Shih-Tzu will adapt. You would think with a winter coat on 24/7 they would be pretty hot in the sun, but nope.. They love basking in the sunlight.
5. No matter how ugly they are they are always cute.. even if your friends and family can’t see it, you do! You see the beauty in that crooked-teethed, raccoon-eyed, nugget.
6. It sometimes feels like they hate you even though you’re overly affectionate and love them more than anything. They want to be your best friend only when there is food around. It’s almost like trying to hang with the popular crowd, but the popular crowd says no.. and you keep trying.
Of course, every dog is amazing. Whether you love your Pitbull, English Bulldog, Labrador Retriever, or Chihuahua it doesn’t matter.. we are all the members of one giant family: Dog People.
Dog people made the world go round.