Hello everyone! I’m sorry for abandoning you for quite some time, but I am back with an honestly really delicious dessert recipe to make up for it. Thanksgiving is coming up next week, so I wanted to make sure I had this available for you guys.
Let’s be real… it’s not Thanksgiving unless you gain a few pounds. So, don’t be afraid of these potentially fattening little heaven machines. I promise your family (and yourself) will love them. But, be careful.. they’re really addicting.
*My one suggestion is to make these the NIGHT BEFORE. They need to set up before removing them.. which takes a little bit*
Here’s how to make your own ADORABLE mini pumpkin pies:
Ingredients: (Makes about 20 Mini Pies)
- 2 Packages of Pie Crust (the kind you lay out and bake)
- Two 8-oz Cream Cheese Packages, softened
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- One 16-oz Can Solid Packed Pumpkin
- 1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (if you don’t have this.. just double up on cinnamon)
- Cool Whip or Canned Whip Cream (or fresh if you’re fancy)
What You’ll Need:
- Cupcake/Muffin Baking Tray
- Hand Mixer
- Big Bowl for mixing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll out your pie dough and cut out small circles. You want these circles to cover the bottom up until half way to the top of each one. Do this for each and every hole until they’re all filled. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time with mixing in between.
- Add in all the other ingredients. Mix until well combined. Beware: the smell will make you want to drink the batter.
- Fill in each of the dough cups. Fill it until the batter is almost to the top of the tin. It will cover the dough and that is FINE. They don’t grow very much in the over so don’t worry.
- Bake them at 350 degrees for 40-42 minutes. They will begin to puff and crack in the middle. Take out and test with a toothpick. It should come out MOSTLY clean.
- Let them sit to cool for about an hour and a half. Then refrigerate until needed (this also helps them set). You can serve them either cold or heated up.. both are delicious.
- Top with whipped topping of your choice and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
And that’s the finished product.
Perfect for each person to have their own pie and it’s JUST ENOUGH to satisfy your craving.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and if you plan to or do try it out please let me know in the comments!
Have a great Thanksgiving!!
Since it’s FINALLY getting chilly here and starting to feel like fall, I decided to do a little DIY to welcome it properly.. right at the front door. I made a super easy wreath that features all fall colors. This is fun to make your own and use whatever flowers you like. Michael’s craft store had 50% off all their fall florals, so if you have one of those near you check it out. This really helped me get even more into the autumn spirit. OCTOBER IS TOMORROW!
What You’ll Need (I got all of this at Michael’s):
- Bouquets of Fake Fall Florals
- Wreath Form
- Hot Glue Gun + Glue
- Wreath Door Hanger
- Cut off ‘stems’ of flowers from the floral bouquet. This takes a little bit of see-sawing the scissors on the wire for a little while. I won’t say it’s the easiest thing, but don’t worry it will happen. Before attaching them permanently, arrange them on your form (the stems bend making this easy) to see how it WILL look. While doing this, make sure your hot glue gun is getting heated up.
2. This is the fun part. Time to attach all the stems! Curve all the stems to easily attach to the circle form. Apply hot glue onto form and put the stem on it and hold for a solid minute. Continue all the way around the wreath. If you run into issues with the hot glue and it’s not holding, get some floral wire that matches your wreath to wrap around the stems. I used the gold dangles on the bottom row to support mine.
3. For the top row of my form, I decided to do an almost ‘flower crown’ to create an interesting look. To do this, I ditched the hot glue. I simply wrapped the stems all the way around the form (since it’s just wire) to secure the flowers. It worked like a charm. It does take a little bit of finger power, but it’s worth it.
4. If everything is how you want it, then it’s time to hang it. Put your beautiful work on display! I lucked out with our red door which perfectly accented the colors in my wreath.
It adds so much charm and it’s not very time consuming or difficult to do!
Thanks for reading! I hope you try this out yourself.
I have been on a crazy smoothie kick lately after taking a break (I was SMOOTHIED OUT). It helped having my wisdom teeth pop through my gums and make solid foods really hard to eat.
This smoothie is a perfect taste of those last few weeks of Summer. It is tropical, fruity and all kinds of refreshing (and HEALTHY). I prefer to drink my fruits and vegetables and this drink has really helped me do so. Don’t think it’s just limited to summer either, you can drink this whenever you are craving a taste of the tropics. (Don’t worry, Fall Lovers, I’ve got you covered with a smoothie recipe soon).
GUYS, this is so good.
- 5 Full Cubes O’ Ice
- 3/4 Cup Baby Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Mango
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1/2 banana
- 3/4 Cup Non-Pulp Orange Juice
- 3/4 Cup Water
- OPTIONAL: Chia Seeds, Honey and Granola
Directions (VERY EASY):
- Prepare all of your ingredients. I have a specific order of adding things in (this works well if you have a Nutribullet, If you don’t.. I’m not totally sure it matters). This is the order: ice, spinach, mangos, pineapples, strawberries, banana, liquids. Throw them all into the blender.
- BLENNNNNNNNND. I usually let it go a solid 2 minutes to make sure all the ingredients have fully blended for a perfectly smooth smoothie. If you notice it’s struggling or too thick, add a little bit more orange juice or water.
- Pour into a glass, or into a bowl to top with granola, chia seeds, bonus fruit and nuts (smoothie bowl!)
You will have ALOT to drink. This is about 1 & 1/2 Smoothies. I always drink it all, but if you can’t.. save the rest in the fridge!
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe and try it out